Mechanism of action: A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug is able to inhibit the activity of the enzyme cyclooxygenase 2 (COX-2), which as a result inhibits the production of prostaglandins (PGD).
The active component of meloxicam, belonging to the class of oxycams, has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and analgesic effect.
Meloxicam is absorbed completely in the digestive tract, while eating does not affect absorption. After a single internal use, Meloxicam reaches a maximum concentration after 5-6 hours. https://perfecthealthus.com/buy-meloxicam-15mg-7-5mg-for-pain-relief/
Each drug from the NSAID group has a side effect. “Meloxicam” also has such actions. However, if you read the instructions, then all undesirable effects are written with the word "infrequently":
- constipation, flatulence, esophagitis, colitis, hepatitis, gastritis, etc .;
- anemia, leukocyte shift, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia;
- urticaria, rash, erythema, dermatitis;
- tinnitus, disorientation, confusion;
- increased blood pressure, palpitations, “hot flashes”;
- increased blood urea, acute renal failure;
- conjunctivitis, visual impairment, blurred perception;
- anaphylactic reactions and angioedema.
Nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea - these are the undesirable effects that occur when taking any medicine.
Before using the product, some important instructions must be taken into account. First of all, Meloxicam should in no case be taken with alcohol: this can serve the development of irreversible processes in the liver, kidneys and gastrointestinal tract.
The use of the drug and similar medications can affect fertility, this must be taken into account by women when planning conception. Meloxicam may mask symptoms of infectious and viral diseases.
Taking the drug can negatively affect the ability to concentrate, so it should be taken with caution by people whose work requires concentration.
Instructions for use
For those who use Meloxicam for injections, the instructions for use report that the dosage of the solution depends on the type and severity of the disease, and is usually determined individually. http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-911/meloxicam-oral/details Currently, the generally accepted standard dosages for adults are as follows:
- Rheumatoid arthritis - inject 15 mg (1.5 ml, 1 ampoule) once a day for 3 to 5 days.
- Ankylosing spondylitis - inject 15 mg (1.5 ml, 1 ampoule) once a day for 3 to 5 days.
- Osteoarthritis - inject 7.5 mg (0.75 ml of solution, which corresponds to half an ampoule) once a day for 3 to 5 days, and then switch to taking tablets. If the condition has not improved after the first injection, the dosage is increased to 15 mg (1.5 ml, 1 ampoule) and is also administered 1 time per day for 3-5 days..
- Other inflammatory and degenerative joint diseases (arthritis, arthrosis) - inject 7.5 mg (0.75 ml, 1/2 ampoule) once a day for 3 to 5 days.
Recommended dosage for Meloxicam tablets:
- Ankylosing spondylitis: 15 mg / day. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 15 mg.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 15 mg / day. After achieving a therapeutic effect, the dose can be reduced to 7.5 mg / day..
- Osteoarthrosis: 7.5 mg / day. If necessary, the dose can be increased to 15 mg / day..
In patients with an increased risk of side effects, as well as in patients with severe renal failure undergoing hemodialysis, the dose should not exceed 7.5 mg / day for tablets.